Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to Saffron Brewery (Henham) Ltd, which trades as, and with be henceforth detailed as “Saffron Brewery”. This legal document covers the content and acceptable usage of this website. By accessing the site you acknowledge your agreement to our terms and conditions.
- You must be aged 18 or over to purchase alcoholic beverages. It is an offence to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 in the UK. Saffron Brewery will not sell alcohol to anyone who is under the age of 18 years old.
- By placing an order with us, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age and that you will accept responsibility for ensuring that the delivery of our beers is accepted by someone who is over 18 years of age.
- If your order is a gift for a third party, the recipient must also be aged 18 years or older.
- Saffron Brewery reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notice at any time. Your continued use of this site and the Online Order facility, after changes are posted will constitute your acceptance of the changes to these Terms.
- The Terms and Conditions on the Saffron Brewery website supercede all others.
- All prices are quoted in GBP (£).
- We endeavour to ensure that the prices shown on the Online Order page are correct. In the event that an error does occur, we will make every effort to contact you to confirm if you would like to proceed with the order at the correct price.
- In the unlikely circumstance that we are unable to fulfil an order with a specific item, we will contact you and offer a substitute with the same or greater value or provide a refund for any paid monies associated with the order.
- Saffron Brewery reserve the right to withdraw or replace products in the Online Order page without notice.
- Every effort is taken to ensure that the information on this website is correct. However, Saffron Brewery takes no responsibility and shall not be held liable for information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
- Saffron Brewery will not be held responsible for any loss, consequential loss or damage to any individual or business which may have occurred from the use (or misuse) of any product or any information contained on this website.
- Saffron cannot accept responsibility for any delivery failure if an incorrect address, postal code or contact telephone number are given in the order documentation. Please check this information when placing your order.
- Saffron Brewery promote a culture of responsible drinking. In placing an order with us, you agree to use products responsibly and appropriately.
VAT, Prices and Delivery
Whilst we are happy to accept online payment, payment over the telephone, BACS or cheques, we are unable to dispatch any products until payment has been received and in the case of cheques, cleared by bank. Delivery charges are per order (to one specific delivery address). P&P is currently charged at £6.99 for mainland UK (£1 surcharge for Scottish highlands and islands). No refund will be considered for orders made by minors. It is your responsibility to ensure that an adult over the age of 18 is at the delivery address to sign for receipt of the goods.If you are out when the courier arrives they will leave details regarding how to arrange a redelivery.
- Risk in the goods will pass to you upon dispatch. We reserve the right to alter or amend delivery times in exceptional circumstances. We will inform you if we become aware of an unexpected delay.
- Standard delivery times are Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm. All Parcelforce deliveries must be signed for by a person of 18 years or older. If the couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. We reserve the right to cancel the delivery if the age and identity of the recipient is in doubt.
- We endeavour to process orders as quickly as possible, however, we are a small family run business, so please allow up to 48 hours for an order to be processed. Unless by prior arrangement, we are only able to offer Parcelforce Standard Delivery, which can take up to 4 working days (defines as Monday to Friday inclusive, excluding Bank Holidays).
- Product purchased from our online store can to an address in the UK. Deliveries to non-mainland or remote locations in the UK (e.g. Scottish Isles, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands) may be subject to additional delivery charges and/or longer delivery times. If the Postcode of the delivery address begins with BT, IM, TR21-25, IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50 or ZE please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are only able to deliver products within the UK. Thus, all prices stated are inclusive of the current rate of VAT applicable for the UK.
- The re-delivery process can be undertaken twice only, after which couriers are instructed to return the goods to us. In these circumstances you may be liable for any additional courier costs.
- Signature at the point of delivery acknowledges receipt of the goods. Goods will not be left with third parties unless by prior arrangement.
- It is our policy to ensure that all our goods are supplied to our customers in perfect condition. We will only exchange or refund products which we deem “not fit for consumption”. If the product is simply not liked by the customer, it cannot be exchanged, replaced or returned. (These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights).
- It is the responsibility of the customer to report goods damaged in transit.
- Saffron Brewery shall not be liable to pay any compensation to you, other than any refund as stated above. In particular, but without limitation, we shall not be liable to you for loss of profit, damage to goodwill, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any damage, defect, negligence or other failing on our part.
- No compensation can be offered for loss of wages due to failed or late deliveries.
- Customers accept responsibility for the safe storage and use of the products upon receipt. Saffron Brewery are not liable for damage caused by customer mishandling.Saffron Brewery Ltd are not liable for breach of these conditions for any loss or liability arising from circumstances of force majeure.These Terms and Conditions shall be subject to and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
We only collect personal data if you are making a purchase from us, to enable us to facilitate your order. Certain information you provide will be shared with the courier company, and our payment gateway system to ensure the successful completion of your order. They only have access to the information needed to effectively perform their function for you, but may not use it for any other purposes. We will store this data and hold it on computer and/or paper copied of invoices. Saffron Brewery will not release your personal information to any third party, other than those specified above.All customer information, mailing address information and all data submitted to us is stored on secure databases and protected on the webservers used by hardware, software and passwords, from access by anyone but authorised staff. Customer details which we receive with your Order are held on a secure server. Our payment service providers, PaymentSense, ensures that all transaction information passed between merchant sites and the PaymentSense systems is encrypted.
- The content of this website is copyright of Saffron Brewery Ltd unless otherwise stated.
- Saffron Brewery endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you), the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- Force Majeure: Saffron Brewery Ltd shall not be liable for the failure to fulfil any terms of any transaction governed by these conditions of sale if fulfilment has been delayed, hindered or prevented by any circumstances whatsoever which is not directly within its control such as, but not exclusively, Act of God, Government regulation or order, fire, theft, flood, strike, riot, insurrection, war, national emergency, power shortage, pandemic, terrorist activity.
- The site may only be accessed for legal purposes. Users may post, submit or transmit any material that is; threatening, discriminatory, obscene, offensive, in breach of confidence or privacy, technically harmful, fraudulent or interferes with the operation of the site. By using this site the user agrees to our legal usage terms.
- We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the use of any information or materials contained on this website.
- Trademarks, logos and text displayed on this page are the property of Saffron Brewery and are protected by copyright laws. The content may only be used for personal and non-commercial use. The materials on this site may not be reproduced, copied or transmitted without written permission from Saffron Brewery.
- The website contains third party links to other sites. Saffron Brewery does not have any control or responsibility for the content, or user privacy when visiting such sites.
- Any content of this website may changed, be updated, and/or terminated without notice.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee regarding the content on this website. Users acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies/errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies/errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. The use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
If you have any further enquiries about our Terms & Conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us.